I’ve been thinking…
What are my expectations about my clarinet lessons?
Well, when I finish my class, I should:
– feel like I want to start practicing immediately
– know what to study
– have lots of energy
– start to look forward to next week’s lesson
– have learned something and taken a step forward in the progress of mastering a piece
– have the feeling that it was a usefull class
– don’t feel like practicing at all in the near future
– wonder why I have been studying if my effort isn’t appreciated
– didn’t really learn anything, I’m just more fixated on the things that I already knew I did wrong then before
So I ask myself:
– Why do I go to class every week?
– Is there really something I can still learn from this teacher? (and if yes, what is it?)
– How do I motivate myself to keep practicing?
– How do I see the good things and not only my faults.